There are so many different articles on the web discussing various aspects of Google Analytics. Many are already using this free reporting tool. The main feature of Google Analytics is its ability to analyze and create the traffic reports so that you can make the necessary changes to improve the ranking of your website. Further in this article we will provide some beneficial and valuable information that will help you understand the working of this useful tool better.
Analyze Your Website Regularly
Google Analytics tool allows users to check data as often as they like, and many webmasters prefer to check it on daily basis, or at the very least on a weekly basis. In addition to the regular checks, which usually are brief glances, it is recommended that webmasters spend one day every three or so months and carefully analyze the reports. After the analysis, you can make the necessary changes to get better results.
Google Analytic Reports
Every webmaster focuses on different aspects of the Google Analytic report. There are often a lot of data available and there are lots of different ways to interpret it, but there are some basic points you need to know, so you carry out your detailed analysis.
- Keywords – It is important to know which of your keywords are sending the most traffic to your site. This will help you to optimize your website around the more popular keywords and benefit even more from these searches.
- Other Referring Sites – You can carefully analyze, which other sites are sending you traffic. You can also check the ones sending you the most relevant traffic. As this is where you can focus your future efforts.
- Most Visited Pages – It is a good idea to know which of your site pages are more popular with visitors. This way you can create related content to attract more visitors.
How to Use Keyword Reports to Optimize Your Site
It is important that you know which keywords to use for effective site optimization and getting the targeted audience. Here are some tips for using the Google Analytics Keyword reports.
- Click into the “Traffic Sources Overview”.
- Locate your ten, most performing keywords and note them.
- Spend some time incorporating these keywords into most of the content on your website.
- Be sure to use these keywords as your URL anchor texts.
- Try to name your images, using the keywords as Alternative text.
By using these steps you can easily see the dramatic improvement in your website traffic.
Websites that refer the most Traffic to Your site
We already know that connecting to other sites can be beneficial for our own site. It is important to keep track of the sites that are sending you Traffic. So the tips below will help you properly analyze the sources that are sending you good traffic:
- Review the data of your top referring websites in Google Analytics via Traffic Sources report section.
- Double check to make sure that these websites are ranked high in Google.
- Determine why they are sending referrals, it can be something like a good blog post or tutorial. Whatever the reason is, you may want to repeat that to get more traffic from others as well.
- Pay attention to your banner Ads. If you are getting brilliant results with one and poor with other, then it will be wiser to cancel the one with poor results.
- If there is a site on your list that is performing well, but you don’t know much about it, then you may want to contact the site owner and discuss the possibility of beneficial partnership between the sites.
Identify and Reproduce More Popular Content
It can be very helpful to analyze the data from Google Analytics. It helps you to identify what your visitors enjoy the most on your website and what isn’t working so well. Understanding this can help you to make the necessary tweaks.
- In the Content Overview section, you can view the Top Pages report.
- In this section, you have to pay attention to the top five or six pages that have been visited a lot in the last six months.
- You can then analyze the information on those pages and figure out what type of information has attracted the most visitors.
- Based on that information, you can adjust your site and run targeted campaigns solely for the things that your visitors are looking for on your site.
Utilize High-Traffic Days
Another massive benefit of analyzing the Google Analytics reports is that you will be able to see what days your site is getting the most visitors. This information can help you become more strategic when planning website promotions or publishing new content. There are several useful things that can be done on these high-traffic days such as:
- Publish new articles for your blog.
- Start or end a competition.
- Announce special events
Use Google Analytics Reports to Influence
Google Analytics is a great tool for any webmaster who wants to improve the traffic of his site. It helps you fully understand what is going on with your website and react to what your visitors want. It is important to take the time to analyze the information and then turn it around to get more web traffic.
No related posts.