Before selling your site to cash in money, check your Alexa ranking first. If its rank is low then try to improve it before selling the site. Your site will be valued higher if it has higher page rank in Alexa, which is tantamount to bigger income on your part. That is why those who are enjoying bigger profits from flipping websites are webmasters who are focusing the page ranking of their sites in both Google and Alexa to maximize their earnings.
Aside from enjoying higher value for your site, there are still a lot of benefits that you will also get from having a good Alexa page rank, and they are listed as follows:
Major Advantages of High Alexa Ranking
- You can rent a certain space in your site for advertising and charge higher fees if your Alexa rank is also higher. This will give you additional income from your site.
- Improved conversion rate. More online shoppers will trust your site if its Alexa rank is high, which is regarded by many online buyers as a sign of credibility. Thus, you don’t need to do a lot of sales talk just to convince prospects to trust your site. Sometimes it is hard to evaluate the credibility of the site and reading reviews can be relatively time-consuming. To save time and for quick assessment of the site’s trustworthiness, many people simply check the Alexa rank before deciding to push the buy button.
- Higher ads earnings. If the ranking number of your site in Alexa is getting lower, it means that its ranking is getting better. This is also equivalent to better earnings from ads. Some advertisers are willing to pay higher commission rates for text ad links if your website has higher page rank. This should give you all the more reasons to improve its ranking.
A lot of online entrepreneurs and webmasters look at the Alexa rank as the site’s representation of its popularity among the online communities; it provides an overview on the flow of traffic to the site as well. So if its rank is high then it implies that a lot of activities are going on in the site due to the number of visitors. Consequently, sites with lower rank also mean lesser activities due to low traffic.
Other Benefits of Using Alexa
Aside from the above advantages, there are still other benefits that you can enjoy if you are going to use Alexa. The site has plenty of tools for webmasters that can tremendously boost the performance of your site. You can check the sources of traffic going to your site and make necessary changes in your strategies to improve it. You can also check the analytics of your competitors and analyze where the traffic is coming from. This data alone is very useful in many ways.
Moreover, Alexa has several lists of top ranking sites with their corresponding analytics. The site also highlights the hot and trending topics, which you can use to the advantage of your business.
How to Improve the Alexa Rank of your Website
There many ways of improving your website’s Alexa ranking. Listed below are some of your options.
- Install the Alexa toolbar and start using it.
- Get as many referrals as you can to download the Alexa toolbar and use it when browsing the web.
- Install in you sites and blogs the Alexa widget
- Ask your online friends to review your site and its Alexa profile
- Blog about Alexa to convince more people to use it
- Promote the benefits of using Alexa using different advertising strategies
- Add good quality contents in your website so that more people will refer your site to others
- Make some valuable comments in blogs with high Alexa rank. Some owners will check your site if your feedback has substance.
- Install a Firefox extension called Search Status. This is reported used by Alexa to obtain data about your browsing habit using the toolbar.
- Actively participate in different social sites and talk about Alexa in some of your posts
- Buy Alexa traffic. If you have the money, why do this on your own. Let your money work for you by investing in something that will yield higher return on investment. Buying Alexa traffic is one investment that can boost your business as a result of improved ranking.
You can formulate your own strategies aside from the above techniques. When launching a campaign to improve the ranking of your site, make sure to carefully monitor your progress and regularly evaluate what methods work well. Repeat the ones that provide great results, and discard the methods that only waste your time because of poor results.
Google vs Alexa
Some site owners are quite confused on whether to rank their sites well in Google or to focus instead on improving the Alexa page rank. While the first priority is to get your website to the front page of search engines like Google and Yahoo, improving the Alexa rank should not also be ignored.
The ideal choice would be to improve the ranking in both Alexa and Google. Once your site successfully grabs one of the top positions in Google for your target keywords, your site will experience higher traffic. The more traffic your site gets, the higher chances that other people will download the Alexa toolbar in your site and start using it. This will further improve the Alexa page ranking of your website for giving more referrals.
Therefore, start first by improving the search engine ranking of your site; then gradual improvement of its Alexa rank will follow for as long as your site is already registered in Alexa and you are also using the toolbar.
Maximizing the Benefits of Alexa
If you want to optimize the benefits of using Alexa, you must start by improving the ranking of your site. Unlike Google where the higher ranking number is the better rank, in the case of Alexa the lower ranking numbers the better. Therefore, strive to make your ranking number lower as possible and you will also start enjoying the numerous benefits that will come as a result of having high Alexa ranking.